SASH have been serving the Nelson/Tasman community for over 30 years.
SASH has offices in Nelson, Motueka, Blenheim and West Coast
SASH works with people seeking healing from sexual assault and sexual abuse both recent and historic. We have a dedicated team of Crisis Response Workers, Case Managers, and Counsellors who provide intensive support and counselling to people and families following a sexual assault.
All services SASH provide are free.
- 24-hour crisis response support for immediate medical and police assistance (Nelson/Tasman)
- Private and confidential one-to-one support and understanding to support you during the healing process for recent and historic sexual abuse
- Assistance to access other social services
- Court support and advocacy
- Information on police and court procedures
- Free professional and confidential counselling
- Education training
History of SASH
Since 1984 we have worked alongside thousands of women and their families seeking healing from sexual assault and sexual abuse; first as Rape Crisis and now as SASH.
In 2017 we recognised the need to evolve our service offering to ensure that it fully met the needs of our wider community – we are now a gender neutral organisation supporting everyone in our community regardless of age, race, gender or capacity.
Our focus is in both support and healing people who has be affected by Sexual Abuse, as well as providing education and resources to mitigate and eliminate sexual abuse within society.